Ingredients (serves two):
- 1 can (15oz) garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- spring salad mix, or any salad mix you prefer
- handful grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- micro greens, optional
- mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- juice of one large lemon
- dash of mineral salt
- dash of garlic salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons water or lemon juice, as needed to thin
Start with your dressing by combing all the ingredients except for the water. Taste for flavor adding any extra you might like. Add the water or lemon juice one tablespoon at a time as needed to thin to desired consistency.
Prepare your salad, layer as you like adding half the chickpeas and top with dressing. Serves two.
As with most salad recipes, use however much you like of each salad ingredient!
© 2013 The Simple Veganista. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from The Simple Veganista website.