- 1 ripe avocado, skin and seed removed
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 3-4 tablespoon cacao/cocoa powder*
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice, + more as needed
- 1 teaspoon or so orange zest, optional
Blend all ingredients in blender until creamy scrapping down the sides as needed to incorporate everything. Add more orange juice as needed for desired consistency. Taste for flavor and adjust accordingly. Top with vegan chocolate chips* and/or coconut whipped cream. You can serve at room temp but I find it’s best when chilled in the refrigerator for a couple hours. Store leftovers in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a couple days.
* Please by fair trade cacao/cocoa powder and chocolate chips.
© 2014 The Simple Veganista. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from The Simple Veganista website.