Ingredients (serves 3 generously):
- 1 broccoli head, cut into florets
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- Large handful radishes, halved (or quartered depending on the size)
- 1 – 2 tablespoons olive oil or sesame oil
- Generous sprinkle of garlic powder
- Pinch or two of salt
Creamy Lemon White Bean Sauce:
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- Salt to taste
- 2 – 4 tablespoons water for thinning
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cauliflower and radishes, drizzle with oil, garlic powder and salt, mix well to coat. Place mixture on rimmed cookie sheet or roasting pan. Cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring once in between.
Prepare your sauce by placing all the ingredients in food processor/blender, except the water, and blend until creamy smooth. Add water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency. You may also like to add more lemon in place of water for a really zesty lemon sauce. Taste for flavor adding extra garlic or salt if needed.
Serve vegetables on top of grain of choice (I used quinoa) and add a generous amount of sauce on top. Add some freshly cracked pepper if you like. So clean and delicious!
Notes: If you have sauce left over, you can use it as a dip for veggies or pita chips, or as a spread for sandwiches. Store left overs in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
© 2014 The Simple Veganista. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from The Simple Veganista website.