- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 3/4 cup water
- 5 oz. baby spinach (about 5 cups)
- 1 heaping cup blueberries
- 1 heaping cup sliced strawberries
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- sliced avocado, optional
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- pinch of mineral salt & fresh cracked pepper, optional
In a small pot, add quinoa and water, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove lid and let rest for 10 minutes, fluff with a fork.
In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients and mix well.
In a large bowl add the spinach, quinoa, blueberries, strawberries and slivered almonds. Pour dressing over top and toss well to coat.
Serve at room temperature or chilled in individual bowls with optional sliced avocado and a little extra slivered almonds on top.
Serves 2 – 3.
Feel free to use part lemon juice and part orange juice for the dressing.
© 2015 The Simple Veganista. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from The Simple Veganista website.